Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another Shout Out to Patti

Loyal and long-time readers of this blog know that I love me some Patti Smith (see an earlier highly censored post about Patti - if you'd like to read the original post before it was gutted, feel free to e-mail me at mfh913@gmail.com and I'd be glad to share it with you =). Anyway, Patti Smith is back in the news. Patti has been at Sundance (the Film Festival) where a new documentary Patti Smith: Dream of Life is debutting. Patti also got a shout out in an exceedingly enjoyable film Juno that stars, and I do mean stars, Ellen Page as the title character (and I do mean character). Patti thanked Juno for the shout out. So I just wanted to add my own little SHOUT OUT to Patti, and say keep on rockin' grrrl - your voice gives power to the people and damn do we need that power now.

See The Carpetbagger's blog post High on Rebellion (NYTimes, January 22, 2008)

See also Reuters article Patti Smith at Sundance: “It ain’t drugs” (January 22, 2008)

No comments: