Sunday, May 13, 2007

Greetings to Mothers of All Creatures

"I am my dogs' mom."
Stephanie Miller, April 25, 2006

This first thing that impressed me about Stephanie Miller when I visited her web site (before I believe I had ever heard a minute of her fabulous show) was that the site was populated with photos of Steph and her doggies. So on this Mother's Day I would like to extend a heartfelt greeting and a huge thank you to all of those moms out there whose kids have four legs and loads of body hair.


Stella on her bed - What a good girl!

First and foremost, I would like to dedicate this post to my sister, Lynnie, who is dealing with the end of her longtime companion Stella's life - Stella and Lynn have been together for over 17 years - quite a long life for a chow-mix.


Dylan Thomas & Tulsey Lewis Hadley

I'd also like to say a few words about my own two "boyz," Tulsey and Dylan. Tulsey is my heart and my best friend - he is the sweetest boy in the whole world - he'll be six years old tomorrow, and I'll bring him a special bone that he'll enjoy and closely guard from his baby brother Dylan. Whereas Tulsey is pure sweetness, Dylan is at least half devil. He's a mischievous little scallywag who just today managed to knock over a planter that I had just filled with potting soil and a few basil plants and broke it all over the steps to the backyard and when we came back from our walk this afternoon Dillie-doo-doo decided to take a dip in the water bowl in the kitchen and splashed water all over the floor. I love him to pieces though and although many people have suggested that it might be wise to farm Dillie out to a ranch or some other home where there is more room to run, I just can't bring myself to break up our family. That is how I know that I am also my doggies' mom. They sleep with me at night and hang out with me while I am on the computer, in short they are, if not my whole life, a very big part of it, and I am so very glad.

I'd like to also wish Happy Mother's Day to Moose and Goose - proud moms of Roxie, Vicky - proud mom of Richard and Elizabeth, Lou (and Jesse and Joe) - proud family of Tugger, Rebekah - proud mom of I, and of course to Stephanie Miller - proud mom of Puff and Max and a puppy as yet unknown, but soon to join the family ;) Thanks for all the love!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet acknowledgement of interspecies-ial parenting. Sorry to hear Dylan chose to continue to torture you for mother's day.

mfhadley said...

Hello Garbelle,
Thanks for visiting my blog - Dylan or Dillie-doo-doo as I lovingly call him is my eternal bad boy, but I wouldn't trade him for the world. Please visit my blog again! Thanks.
Cheers,
MFaye