Thursday, September 20, 2007

Twenty-two Who Need to Go...

MoveOn.org wasn't my guidepost until tonight and now they are... Twenty-two United States senators have disappointed me beyond belief tonight - all Democrats (I expected as much from Republicans), but not Democrats, not the party of the people, not the party that earlier in the same day had tried valiantly to muster enough votes to pass the Webb amendment that would have guaranteed a minimum amount of rest to our weary soldiers and Marines.

Where were these condemnations when John Kerry was being swift boated and Max Cleland was being disparaged within an inch of their lives? WTF???

Here's the list of traitorous Democrats, that not coincidentally includes Jim Webb (D - VA) whose amendment came so close to passing only hours before:

Baucus (MT)
Bayh (IN)
Cardin (MD)
Carper (DE)
Casey (PA)
Conrad (ND)
Dorgan (ND)
Feinstein (CA)
Johnson (SD)
Klobuchar (MN)
Kohl (WI)
Landrieu (LA)
Leahy (VT)
Lincoln (AR)
McCaskill (MO)
Mikulski (MD)
Nelson (FL)
Nelson (NE)
Pryor (AR)
Salazar (CO)
Tester (MT)
Webb (VA)

My god, why not just bend over and beg the GOP to cram it up your ass? I'm sorry, but I'm so disgusted at the moment, that I'm not thinking politely. Have they all given up the will to live? Did the defeat on the Webb amendment send them cowering back into a permanent time-out? Why are the Democrats folding like a cheap deck of cards? What is up with this??? I really want to know, because if this is the leadership that I have to look forward to in 2008, I might as well slit my wrists right now. What the f*ck gives? Help me understand this development of supreme cowardice on the part of the Democratic party. WTF???

I really challenge somebody, anybody, to explain this humiliating act of idiocy on the part of 22 Democratic senators. Please if you think you can make me understand why on god's green earth these stupid politicians did what they did this evening, I would truly like to hear from you. But I don't want to hear that they were just responding to the political wind, come on, if there were any truth to that we'd be out of Iraq by now. Who are they pandering to? Fox Noise viewers? GOPers who wouldn't vote for any of them on a good day? Are they trying to lose the 2008 elections that have been virtually handed to them on a silver platter? WTF???

Digby over at Hullabaloo has an excellent post on this sordid example of "kicking your base in the teeth." See Boxed In?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly!

Hey Faye,haven't checked in with you lately.Your blog is looking nice and healthy.
So, Roxie read your entry mentioning her.hahaha!
love, Xtra Krispy Bucket of Sluttiness


here's a little something for you.
http://people.tribe.net/ravenshadow/photos/0d63e509-35b4-4948-9aab-84953181cf48

mfhadley said...

Thanks mucho Xtra Krispy,
It's good to hear from you! Did you hear me on Steph this morning - I got bleeped! I was really pissed and needed desperately to vent. Hope all is going well with you. Thanks for the button - it rocks!
Cheers,
MFaye