Thursday, January 24, 2008

935 Lies and Counting...

935 Lies and Counting...

The question is "Who's counting?" and the answer is the Center for Public Integrity was and the number of lies told by members of the current administration in just under two years (2001 - 2003) was 935 lies, falsehoods, fibs, untruths, outright, blatant, boldface, prefabricated LIES, that led us into the unnecessary, illegal, immoral, catastrophic, tragic war in Iraq.

And it turns out that these lies are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg when it comes to crimes committed in furtherance of the occupation of Iraq. Those are just the tally of the lies that got us into Iraq, never mind the lies that keep us there, and the lies that are being told right now that will keep the U.S. in Iraq far into the next administration. Although I would recommend that the next president's first order of business would be to cancel all previous executive orders, signing statements, and any other non-congressionally-approved arrangements that were made by Bush/Cheney - not unlike the reneging frenzy of all things Clinton that Bush/Cheney engaged in as soon as they got into office - but unlike the Bush/Cheney's reversal of course, the reversal of Bush/Cheney policy would have a positive impact on the country and the world. Just a suggestion. I hate to think that future administrations' hands will be tied by the egregious policy blunders made by the Bush/Cheney administration.

BTB, I thought that the NYTimes endorsing Hillary Clinton was a ho-hum moment, much more interesting to me was the lukewarm endorsement of John McCain, and the accurate, scathing remarks that the editorial board of the NYTimes had to say about the other Republican contenders - complete and total losers, every one. Which brings me back to a point that I've made before and I'm sure I'll make again before the Democrats hold their convention in Denver in July and that is the DEMOCRATS MUST WIN the WHITE HOUSE in November! And to that end, I am worried sick that if the Dems give the nomination to Hillary Clinton, we will be signing away our chance to take back the presidency in 2008. May I remind readers that the Clinton/McCain polls show that the race is too close to call? I don't know about you, but I don't think I can stand another nail biter of an election that may very well end up in a Supreme Court that has turned further to the right than it was eight years ago. Just my two cents, but it's change worth mentioning...

No comments: