Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A Blogging Fool

I'm really, truly not trying to set some kind of record for new posts in a day, but damn, I guess I've just got a lot to say or show or post or something. If you don't find something that you like among the pieces that I've posted this week (from the Library of Congress's new venture with Flickr to a piece on the West Memphis Three to an announcement about a new Steph Fan Site and a new film about the punk poet extraordinaire, Patti Smith) then you and I, well we just don't live in the same world, and you probably won't be visiting this blog again, and that's okay with me.

Anyway, to cap off a busy day in the blogosphere - I end today with another MF collage. This one features my dear sweet devilish doggie Dylan (Dillie-doo-doo) who whispered into my ear a few weeks ago that he was planning on throwing his 70 pounds behind the presidential ticket of Goldwater/Miller 2008. Being an active little scallywag, he rushed out and formed a group that he calls "Hound Dogs for Goldwater/Miller 2008" and no, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly are not welcome - Dillie sez, "It ain't that kinda hound dog - dawg." Anyway, he wanted me to post the collage that features his Goldwater/Miller 2008 Club House, and he also wanted me to call in this morning and ask CC and Steph what's the deal with their candidacy.

Dillie's older brother Tulsey has been parading around the house all full of himself 'cause he's for Obama. You see, Tulsey is a Momma's boy and is easily confused and when he heard "Momma's for Obama" he immediately thought that it referred to his Momma (me), and so he wasted no time jumping on the Obama bandwagon. Tulsey was insufferable after the Iowa caucus, but he has toned down his snootiness since Hillary took New Hampshire and Nevada (although Tulse is quick to point out that Obama got more delegates than Clinton did in Nevada). Our household is on pins and needles waiting to see what happens in South Carolina on Saturday. "Vamos a ver" as we say at Chez Faye... (mixing our languages as we are want to do =)

No comments: