Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Ada Woman Attacked

Stephanie,
Having lived in Oklahoma for the last five years I am not surprised to learn that sexual oreintation is NOT a protected category here, dismayed, but not surprised. I think that this woman should sue the pants off the Ada Police Department - I can't believe that they didn’t even take any photos.

Local woman attacked
http://www.adaeveningnews.com/local/local_story_345113821.html
By Derek Frazier

Violence continues to trouble Ada as one resident found out Monday evening.

According to 20-year-old Ada resident Sarah Kaspereit, she said she was attacked late Monday evening after returning home from work.

"I was driving home from work and saw a small pickup in front of my house," she said. "It really wasn't a strange sight. There are different cars there [at my neighbor’s] every day and I didn't think anything of it, so I went ahead and pulled in my driveway, and when I got out of my car, two guys got out of the truck. One called me a 'faggot' and they started running towards me. One guy wrestled me to the ground and pinned me down while the other carved on my arm."

The word "Lesbian" was carved into Kaspereit’s forearm.

No comments: